Smile. Life comes and goes :)

May 08, 2012

Should Have, Could Have, Didn't

So I had this dream last night. Some what disturbing, I have to admit. There were two different parts.

In the first part, I was with a few of my closest friends, and we were either at some amusement park, or carnival or something of the sorts, and we found out that the entire place was infested with zombies. Luckily, me and my posse had some get away parachutes that could take us to the outside of the village, and we could call our families for help. But only our families. So that's what we did. Now this part of the dream, I'm not sure what really happened. I either didn't call my family, or they didn't answer. Either way, I didn't come into contact with them. And we all learned that our way to safety was through or parachutes up into our family...pods, I would like to call them. But the problem was, we all of a sudden had one too few. Now, I knew at this point that I would have been welcome to come up to my friend's family pod, but that would have meant that one of my friends would be left behind and devoured. So I willingly volunteered to stay behind and save my friends. But what bugged me was that none of them offered to stay either. They just said "okay" and got ready to leave. So unappreciative. Luckily, my friend's family had brought a spare shute, and dropped it down to me and saved me.

Now in part two, I was at some sort of summer school, but it was a dark and dingy place, and it just seemed altogether creepy. I was learning some sort of weird math and we had a few people in the class with me. In this class, there was a girl named Megan (no affiliation with her whatsoever). I'm not sure who she was exactly, or why I felt like I needed to know her, but she was there, sitting right behind me with her dad. And her dad was very rude to her. Whispering to her, but with a yelling tone. Telling her how awful she was at math, how she was stupid because she wasn't working quick enough or something. And I just couldn't turn around and help. I just kept minding my own business. When all of a sudden, it was quiet behind me, no more abusive remarks. The dad suddenly gets up, tells the teacher that Megan was dead, she died out of anxiety, her heart was beating too fast. And I'm just...in shock. But I still don't do anything. I just continue with my math, trying to get it all done so I can finally go to nursing school. I turn in my work, and just walk out of the classroom. When I get to my mom and a friend, it finally dawns on me that I could have saved her. I could have performed CPR, and that probably would have restarted her heart, and being a certified CNA and being certified in CPR, it was my duty to do so. And I didn't. And it was too late now, because it had been hours (apparently) since she had died. And I was mad at myself, mad at her dad, mad that nobody did anything, including me. And my mom kept telling me that it was probably for the best. Megan had been adopted by a family that didn't want her in the first place, she was verbally abused by her family, and neglected, no less. But that did NOT mean that her death was the best for her. She could have done so much more, and she was gone, because I couldn't turn around, tell the dad to shut up, and perform CPR myself.


I don't know. It was a bizarre dream. I'm not sure what's going on in my head subconsciously.

No comments: